My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Friday, November 2, 2012

Dancing Queens & Sugar Cookies are so Sweet

It has almost been a week now that all our wedding festivities have been over. Such a sad sad day.....the great part is I have lots of pictures & video to look at to remember. Now I can go back to making supper on a regular basis, reading randomly whenever I feel like it, organizing my house, and keep focusing on being healthier. All of my time & energy pretty much revolved around wedding planning so I am ready for a break.

                                                    Here is the video link that Cosmo T put on his website.


                                           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nhNQPmZOEs&feature=youtu.be

 I am not a dancer. If you really know me then you know I do NOT dance (normally). In almost 12 years I have never seen Rhett fast dance. We have only slow danced together maybe 5 times total. I told Tom (cosmo T) when we met on the Wednesday prior that neither us of would probably even dance that much at the reception. Allie & Avrie went along so I didn't have a boring trip to Carbondale. She said oh yes you will!! Boy she was right!! I had so much fun dancing and Rhett was even out there at the beginning shaking his tush. I really hope everyone enjoyed the DJ because I sure did. I am so glad we did the newlywed game too because that was a lot of fun. Thank you so much Jason for videotaping so in 25 years we can look back and laugh laugh laugh. Also the YMCA crew was awesome. On Wednesday during our meeting Tom asked me for several names of people he could call up there. I really had no idea who to say so right before the song spur of the moment decision....Jeremy Simpson, Erin Liefer, Brooke Supancic, Luke Simpson, & Justin Juelfs. Ahhhh!!!! It was fantastic. When I took a walk yesterday and was jamming out to my music I thought I feel like I could really dance some more. When I watched the video footage from our camera it was so sweet to see all the kids dancing & playing. Jake & Claire hugging & dancing just makes my heart melt. So sweet. Seeing all of the kids having such a good time makes me so happy. Seeing the adults laughing, dancing, being crazy is pretty great too!!! Tracey showing the young boys how to do thriller. Everyone joining in for the conga line. I know all my Dad's Musket friends had a good time & Bailey too! At one point my nephew Max said something similar to "What's wrong with my football coach..." Haha!! That little girl can sure dance. The snowball dance where you had to go grab someone from the crowd to join in. If you are looking for a good time at a party I would definitely recommend Cosmo T.



Another thing I hope everyone enjoyed was the sugar cookies. Huge thank you to Rhett's aunt Beulah & Aunt Doris, my mother, mother-in-law, & Madison. If you are a member of the Simpson family you have probably had those delicious sugar cookies before. They may not have been in the shape of a dog bone, paw print, or dog but you've probably tasted them. They are so yummy! Beulah so kindly made the dough and then I cut all the cookies out while she & Doris manned the oven. I think I got lucky because I had the easy part. There were 8 different cookies sheets going in and out of the oven for several hours and they didn't burn ANY!! We made over 300 cookies! This is I guess you could say a Simpson tradition. I asked who's wedding was the first that the sugar cookies were made for and I can not remember what Beulah told me but it was like 26 years ago. She said she made 2000 cookies. Holy Crap! I thought 300 was going to be a lot. Help me out here family!!!! If you are reading this and that person was you tell me what you can remember about your sugar cookies. I am so happy that the aunts were willing to take on this project one last time and help make my reception so special. It was not only fun while baking the cookies but icing as well. My mom, Margaret, & Madi helped with that. After icing they got put in my freezer for about 3 weeks.




I am sure glad that I ate like 4 broken cookies on Friday when setting them all up on the platters. There was not a single cookie leftover! One day I hope to carry this tradition on with my nieces & nephews. Being that Brooke is the oldest and is only 13 it should be a while but I do look forward to baking for them for their special day.

Time to go take a nap, work out, prepare for kiddo's b-day party this evening, & all those other wonderful things I should be doing around the house. Hope everyone has a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Would you please share the recipe for the cookies and icing?

    ReplyDelete