My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, November 19, 2012

Run Run Rudolph

I had a fantastic weekend starting off with viewing my reception photos on Friday @ Creative Bent. I was super excited because I knew that Anna would capture wonderful images to remember our day. She did not disappoint. Soon I will have the link and will be able to share with everyone. She even gave me a little gift a wallet sized mini book with 10 of her favorite pictures.So Cute!!! Now I have to choose what image to use for our 16 x 20 that will get hung in our home. That is going to be a difficult task. I can not wait to see our finished album as well. While watching the slideshow she made I got a little teary eyed when the pictures of Rhett & I with the dogs came up.

Friday evening was the Rudolph 5K in Red Bud with the light parade following. That was a lot of fun. I wrapped battery operated lights around my arms to be festive. Typically when I do these runs I mainly walk with a little bit of running involved & it usually takes around 45-50 minutes. This time it took me 39 minutes 30 seconds. Since all along the main street people were lined up waiting for the parade it was quite an incentive to run a bit more. I think I need that all the time! Saturday is the holiday 5K in Sparta so it will probably be similar. Allie & I are going to brave the weather and do it. I walked with Design Fitness for the light parade and handed out beads. Since I had to work on Saturday bright & early at 4 am I headed home immediately after the parade. But not before my mother snapped a few pictures!!!

Someone on FB said my Mom should use this for our Christmas card this year. Haha!! Their is someone missing. I am sure Andrew would be just a bit sad if this got sent out to our friends and family. We wouldn't do that to you!!

Saturday was a pretty easy day at work. Thank goodness! In the evening I attended a trivia night for my cousin's softball teams. It was in Collinsville and did not even start until 7 pm. It was a late night and I was extremely tired by the end of it but had a lot of fun. Lots of yummy food and visiting with family. I honestly did not know many answers on the trivia. They had a silent auction that included a basket with dog treats, toys, and 1 year free supply purina dog food. It was not unlimited though only 12 coupons $26 value per coupon. With 3 dogs we go through waaaayyyyy more dog food than 1 bag a month. I tried my hardest to get it but people kept bidding it up and it got too high. Overall it was a great evening.



Sunday was the day I had really been looking forward to all week. I attended Avrie's baptism in the am and in the afternoon we had Meghan's baby shower for Roxy. The baptism was very nice but I had to get going right after church to go set up for the shower. I snapped a quick pick with the little dumpling. She is so sweet. Didn't even make a peep during the church service. I ordered her gift from Personal Creations and it turned out so cute.




In the evening Rhett needed to weigh a deer so we headed over to The Lingle's so I could get some time in with ms. Avrie. Since I did not get to spend time with her after the baptism that was a wonderful spur of the moment visit. I think in this picture she is saying "Look how big I am!!" 



The shower was absolutely wonderful but I will share all the details tomorrow! 

Today I am spending the day with my cute nephews. They are pretending to be doggies....we already have 3 dogs so today we have 5. Holy Moly!!!





2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your time!!! =) I think I might do the Sparta 5K one too!
    I LOVE the doggie pics .... you have the best labs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The dogs do tolerate the kids pretty well! Sometimes I wonder who loves who more!! I can't wait until we have children and they can grow up with the dogs too!

    ReplyDelete