My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy "belated" Easter!

Belly Week 10
It is a miracle that we I kept the fact that I was pregnant from our families (minus my Mom & Sister) for almost 2 whole months. I will be the first to say that I am not a great secret keeper. I tried to think of fun ways to reveal our news instead of just blurting it out randomly. Since I am a card freak that was the perfect way to go. For Rhett's parents I printed up a card on Shutterfly with a picture from Hawaii. This one to be exact!


Just looking at this picture really makes me wish I was in that relaxation zone again. No stress, perfect weather, lots of yummy food, and NO work! I made the inside of the card blank so I could write a big long mushy message. It read a little something like this......Thank you again for letting us go to Hawaii. We really enjoyed ourselves. Also wanted to let you know that because of it your getting grandchild # 13!! Congrats! Love Rhett, Sara, & Baby Simpson.

We invited Margaret & Justin to go out to Red Lobster for supper on the Friday evening before Easter. The whole ride there I just wanted to blurt it out. It was an hour wait to be seated. Margaret was cold and wanted to stay inside while we waited. I insisted we go outside for just a little while. Rhett did not want to give them the card inside the restaurant just in case some screaming occurred. I handed the card over and patiently waited for reactions. They were wonderful!!! I feel that both were surprised, excited, & just plain happy. It was a great moment. We had a lovely rest of the evening as well. The next day I swung by Erin & Meghan's houses to deliver their cards. I made Easter cards that basically said "Happy Easter! Love Rhett, Sara, & Baby". Both had wonderful reactions. I also felt that they were very surprised which made it even better. That evening my parents and siblings all came to our house for supper. Even when they arrived I still didn't know how I was going to reveal the news to my brothers & Dad. Since men could give 2 cahoots about cards or anything else us girls like I was stumped as what to do...Andrew & his gf Rabecca brought their new puppy Biggs along. Of course my mother bought the sweet little pup an  Easter toy. Right after she gave it to Biggs I spouted out something about how next year she would have to buy baby toys instead of dog toys. No one really got it so then I said because I'm pregnant.......Insert ohhhs, ahhhs, yay!!- 3 men ya right. They all just kinda sat there and stared at me. I honestly think at first they all thought I was joking. I wish I could describe the look Andrew had on his face. Rabecca immediately jumped up and hugged me & she was excited.  I did get a thumbs up from Alex & a smile from my Dad. I know they were all happy but men just really don't express their feelings that well. Overall it was a great evening of visiting and family time.


Biggs with his new toys from Grandma!

On Easter Sunday we attended church and then went to Rhett's parents for brunch. I bought a cookie from Schnucks and had the bakery write on it. I sat it on the table and just waited for those who didn't know our news to notice it. Jeremy, Tracey, Rusty, & Janet all found out this day. It was pretty fun telling everyone in different ways and days. Tracey said she just had a feeling that we would make an announcement on Easter. She was right on the money! I also made phone calls to several aunts & Grandma Jefferson. Thank you to everyone for respecting my wishes to not put anything on facebook at that point in time. I had deactivated it for quite a while to help with the chances of nothing getting posted on my page.



We had a wonderful Easter weekend sharing our news with the whole family!





2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I tear up at all you post - I'm just so stinkin' happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! Your so sweet. I'm so happy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete