My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, May 20, 2013

Party Time!

I had a fantastic weekend off of work and took full advantage of it by staying busy. Friday I spent the day with my sweet little niece ROXY. Meghan's regular babysitter needed a few days off so family reinforcements got called on. Erin had Wed, Sunny had Thurs, & Fri was all mine! I was a little nervous because it has been a while since last watching a 4 month old for an entire day. Everything was just fine though. We went for a visit to my Mom's house, worked out with Darla, took a walk, & even made a grocery trip to Schnucks. Who says you can't get anything done with a baby on board....She is so laid back and such a good girl but in all honesty it was just a tad exhausting. I'm sure that I am really in for a reality check once my little dumpling arrives in October.
 
Roxy helping Aunt Sara work out! She absolutely loved the empty water bottle.

Saturday started off with Lindsey E's baby shower in New Baden. It was a wonderful party with great food, cute decorations, lots of baby gifts, and an adorable mommy to be. It really is a lot of fun being pregnant at the same time as your friends. We planned our weddings together and now having babies together!
 
 
 
 
Mommy & Daddy to BE!!!!!
 
I headed off to Troy for my cousin Kelsey's graduation party & Rhett's cousin Zach's graduation party. Worked out great that they were only about 5 minutes apart. I spent time at both places visiting with family and it was wonderful.
 
 
My beautiful cousins!!
 
Since it is a long drive home I headed back around 7ish. Meghan & Jason had a little get together that started at 4 so I swung by to see if it was still going on. What a great way to end the day! The kids all playing in the hot tub and adults just hanging out visiting. Rhett & Luke showed up once they were done working. To some it may not sound like much fun with all that driving and 4 parties in 1 day. To me it was fantastic not being stuck at work for a full weekend and missing out on family time. LOVE THEM ALL!
 
Sunday was the Strawberry Festival at out church in Ruma. It was hot hot hot but enjoyed working my shift and the yummy food. Rhett even got home from work before it was dark and we enjoyed our evening together. We were watching  the show "North America" on the Discovery Channel which proved to be too much for this sensitive Suzy. It started off showing a mother mountain goat with her new baby climbing down the cliffs of the Rockies. Then showed the goats crossing a large stream. When it came time for the baby to cross it was having trouble and was taken further down the stream before eventually making it to safety. I had my eyes covered and could hardly watch. I was seriously crying my eyes out when I finally looked and saw the little goat safe. Rhett is used to my craziness but I think he was a little surprised when he realized how upset I was. I know being pregnant makes your hormones crazy and it really doesn't help my case that I am sensitive to begin with. Literally I can watch a movie where 20 people die and I'm fine but watching a show on animals where one almost dies......I know I am a complete lunatic! Needless to say I didn't really enjoy the remainder of the show.
 
Overall I had a great weekend and am very much looking forward to next Saturday when I am off for 3 days in a row. My eldest niece graduates on Wed evening so bring on the tissues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment