My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, April 2, 2012

Mega Millions!

Unless you live in outer space I'm sure by now you know that someone in Red Bud is one of the 3 winners of the mega millions lottery. Well I guess I should say someone bought a ticket in RB that is a winner. The winner has yet to come forward so it could be a stranger just passing through for all everyone knows......Since I didn't even purchase a ticket I had absolutely NO chance of winning. Lets just pretend I did win and here are the top few things I would spend some of that moolah on.

  • Pay off our debt (whoo hoo I can't imagine our house being paid off only 3 years after building)
  • Pay off my family's debt
  • Build an inground swimming pool
  • Rhett says he would buy LOTS of land
  • Take some awesome vacations
  • Invest a huge chunk of it
  • Start a college fund for the kids I don't even have yet


Then I would quit my job! I would want to work again eventually but being a millionare would def give me the ability to just do whatever for a while. Have babies and raise them lol that's what I would do with my time! We can all dream!! Congrats to the real winnner & be smart.

Pinned Image


Back to the real world.....Saturday I was on a mission to be wedding productive. I headed up to Farview Heights with a long list of stops to make. I went to David's Bridal to pick up Jaimee's dress. Was very excited for this!! She will be home this weekend for Easter so I can't wait for her to try it on. I find it odd that even though all the dresses were ordered at the same time only one is in. I made a stop at the mall and got some bridesmaids gifts and returned a $60 shirt that I didn't need in the first place. I went by every single craft store possible.... Michaels, Jo-Anns, Hobby Lobby, Party City, Old Time Pottery, Dollar Tree. I bought several odds & ends items. (Burlap, bow holders for pews, ribbon.) I was looking for strands of led lights that I can string through the branches I got from my Aunt Patti. That is part of the reason I hit up all craft stores looking for them. Unsuccessful & frustrating. Hobby Lobby did say that they start putting out there Christmas stuff in July so check back then. I don't want to wait till July!!!! I guess I am going to have to search online and hope I can find what I want. I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to get information about registering. I got a nice little packet of info and am starting to make a list of what I want to register for. I knew Rhett would not be interested in going along when I do the registering so my Mom is going to join me. He said we need to register at Cabela's (fat chance that is happening). He also said that I need to make sure I get some cool items & my response was, "you want cool stuff, you can come along." It will actually probably be easier if he doesn't go along. LOL

When I got home from shopping I brought every single item from the spare bedroom out into the kitchen area. That room was extremely messy and driving me bonkers. I did a little inventory of everything I have for the wedding. Organized and counted everything up. Here is what the bedroom looks like now. Much better!! I feel so much better when things are in order and not just laying randomly everywhere.

I am still trying to decide how many tables will be used at the reception hence how many centerpieces I need to get together. I have the mason jars in different sizes so I have a little variety of what they will look like.Some have burlap in the jars, some on the outside, I stuffed one with raffia, some with pinecones. The one on the far right wll have the lights strung through them. I am also going to utilize real wheat (once the time comes and it is dried out) and acorns (if I can find some). I need to walk through our pine cone treees and collect more. Since it is 90 deg out I will not be crossing that off my to do list quite yet.


I have a big loooong list of questions/decisons I need to make so when Jaimee comes home this weekend she is going to be bombarded with wedding mania!! Sometimes I just need an opinion or two. Heck I always need an opinion who am I kidding. I also need to work on the seating chart for the round tables. The list just goes on and on and on....I have no idea what I did with my time before I started planning this sucker.


I love this cute litte name place. So adorable!

Pinned Image

1 comment:

  1. Love all the wedding fun! Sometimes I wish I could do it all over again. With the same man, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete