My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

So everyone knows I adore my 3 dogs. They are literally my children. I don't have human children yet but I am imagining that I will be well prepared to say the least. They wake me up faithfully daily at 7 am. I don't even need an alarm clock bc Drake pounces on me every morning. He shoves his cold nose in my face and he is very persistent. They love sleeping in bed with us. Normally by the time I get in bed my spot is taken by "Drake". I always sleep with my feet curled up so "Dakota" can sleep at the bottom of the bed. They make a huge mess in my house..... hair, dirt, puke (occasionally). They cost us quite a bit of money bc they eat constantly!! All 3 of them are little piglets. They always need new toys, vet appointments, medicine, etc. You can see the resemblance here to kids right????? Having said that I wouldn't change a thing! I love them to pieces. Plus I do really believe that pet owners make better parents. I know kids are a lot more work but at least we are getting a good head start. Since the dogs won't be going to Branson with us for the Big day I want to include them on the reception day. I found this pic on pinterest...Pinned Image
 So I made my own sign and took some practice pics with all 3 of my dogs! I should say Rhett & I made the sign bc he helped me with the whole thing. He is so slick. I didn't have a hole puncher to make the holes for the ribbon so he had another idea. He used a torch to heat up the end of a nail then just poked it right through the foam. Worked perfectly! It was pretty easy making the sign but getting them to pose was another story. None of them would perk up their ears so they all look so silly. Drake was more concerned with the toy Dakota had in her mouth. My Mom & I did a run to South County area Monday and hit up Michael's & Jo Ann's Fabric. I purchased several crafty items for the wedding including the foam board here to make the sign. I debated on the size wanting to get bigger. My Momma thought this size was perfect and what do they say "Mothers know Best". Thanks Mom!! I have more boards so I want to make 2 more so each dog has a different word. I can't decide what else I want them to say though so if anyone has any ideas...throw them out there please.

I saw this ad in a People magazine and just thought it was too funny. I love watching that show for the brides. I'm sure the bridesmaids version will be just as crazy. I spent a lot of time yesterday decorating  about half of my mason jars. Ribbons galore!!! I think Rhett thinks I am a lunatic. I constantly have stuff spread out everywhere working on it. We walked through all our pine trees so I would have more pine cones to use. I am thinking that I may want a different cake for our big reception. I am going to start looking for a different design. I just am not feeling the other one anymore. I was looking for chalkboards to use for behind the head table but instead ended up getting chalkboard fabric. It is black fabric that can be written on with chalk. So cool! Now lets just hope it works. Once I mess with it will post some pics!

Would just like to say Happy Wedding Week to my sweet friend Lindsey Stein!! Can't wait for your big day. I know it's going to be so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment