My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Monday, April 30, 2012

Bed Bath & Beyooooond

This weekend was filled with all kinds of exciting wedding planning. The mini mason jar glasses I got for Jake & Claire came in the mail Friday. I originally just bought small glasses from old time pottery but that wasn't really what I wanted. I then managed to mess them up when doing the etching of their letters. I put the etching cream on the stencil then sat the glass upright. (pretty silly thing to do) The substance ran down the side of the glass leaving streaks. Now I know a 4 yr old could care less but I am very particular plus they only cost like a buck each. The hunt was on for the mini mason jars so I found them and ordered them. Darn Cute if you ask me!


Saturday I woke up at 5 am (by choice I'm crazy I know) and rode my niece's bike for 6 miles. I have not ridden a bike since I was a kid so I was a little nervous but I did it! I know I put on fb it was 4 miles but I calculated wrong it was really 6! Thank you Kelly Donjon for motivating me! It was fun at the time but now my butt is soooo sore. My sister, my mom, & I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to do my wedding registry. I was no way prepared for the next 4 hours. My goodness that was so exhausting. Started off looking through several books at china, dishes, & luggage. I found the perfect dish set for us! I love brown so these dishes are exactly up my alley. They are not fancy, seem very durable, and aren't girlish so Rhett will like them too. Ha ha he could care less what our dishes look like but I do think he will approve. I did choose a fancier set but only registered for 2 place settings. 1 set for me 1 set for Rhett (for special occasions)
kate spade new york Gardner Street Platinum 5-Piece Place Setting

Colorwave Chocolate Rim 4-Piece Place Setting














We don't have any luggage unless you count a huge camouflage hunting bag I bought Rhett many years ago. It was supposed to be a bag he used to carry all his stuff out into field when waterfowl hunting but its so large we use it like a overnight bag when traveling. Not that we really travel that much. Rhett goes to northern IL & Missouri for hunting & we go to Branson. The guy was like oh you need luggage for the plane...I said in 11 years we have never gone on a plane. I did end up putting it on our list bc we do have to go on a honeymoon and that will most likely require traveling on a plane. Plus luggage is a good thing to have & at the rate we travel it will last us a lifetime! It was kinda annoying that the man followed us through the store the entire time. I guess I could have kindly asked him to back off but I did not. He was helpful at moments but he tried getting me to register for ridiculous things....
 $100 iron ( I do not own an iron and will not own an expensive iron) I picked the $50 one and am thinking about changing it to the even cheaper one. $75 thermometer for cooking (seriously) I did choose a very nice set of pots & pans but they have a lifetime warranty and I cook a lot so they will get good usage. The man helping us probably thought I was a complete hick/lunatic. Here are some fun items I picked out! I feel like it
was all mostly kitchen items but we spend a lot of time in the kitchen & I love baking. I did pick out some nice towels and other various odds/ends,

  B. Smith Three-Tier Serving BowlsOxo Good Grips® Food Storage Pop Container 5-Piece SetUSA Pan Non-Stick Mini Loaf 8-Well PanAcacia 7-Piece Salad Bowl SetOxo Good Grips Stainless Steel Mandoline SlicerCorn Dish (Set of 4)
                                      If you couldn't tell these are little corn holders for your corn on the cob! So cute!
I am glad that Rhett did not go because he would have been bored out of his mind and we would probably only have like 5 items on the registry. Doing the Cabela's/Bass Pro registering will be much more fun for him.

We ate at Red Robin afterwards & then went to take Prom Pictures of my brother and his group of friends. So handsome!!!! He is graduating in less than a month and off to college he goes. Exciting but sad....




I would love to show you all some pictures of Rhett & I at prom but we never went together! I went with a group of girls the 2 years I attended. Here is my junior year with my friends.


Here is my senior year. Good Memories!! Note to self every single girl in these 2 photos has a child or is pregnant except for ME! I must be slacking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment