My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whata Weekend!

                                                                     Be Prepared it's a long one!
I now officially have a permanent schedule at work. Instead of my ever changing days never knowing when I will work I have  "set" days. I am always off on Mondays & Fridays & every other weekend. So on my weekends off I have a 4 day weekend which so far has proved to be amazing! This was one of those weekends. Lets start with Friday.....I had a great workout with Darla in the morning. The afternoon I spent babysitting my sweet nieces Tess & Maggie. Let me tell ya that Mags is terrified of dogs. In this household their is no fear!!! A while back when I babysat her she sat on the island counter top for like 3 hrs while I worked away in the kitchen. She warmed up pretty well but still not 100%. Friday as soon as we got to my house I let Ammo in and I let her fend for herself. Ammo is the most laid back sweet dog so he was the best chance to start her out. She loved coaxing him over "here doggie" "doggie come here" as soon as he would come near she started shrieking with fear. By the end of the afternoon she was actually hugging him and letting him lick her face. Yay!!!!!!!!! We eventually let Dakota upstairs as well. Drake is only 2 and he gets pretty hyped up especially with kids so he stayed downstairs. Maybe next time!

That evening Rhett & I spent making 30 lbs of deer jerky. We used a little hand grinder which was actually not the worst part. The suckiest part was cutting the fat off all the meat. Ugh I was exhausted and seriously felt like my entire body smelled of meat. We are just now finishing up the last of the jerky in the dehydrators tonite. Lots of work but worth it when its all done. We watched the movie "We bought a Zoo". Well I watched part of it bc I passed out on the couch halfway through. It was cute and Rhett said it had a happy ending.

Saturday was wedding day for Mr. & Mrs. Essenpries!! Congrats Lindsey & Ben! The wedding was in St. Rose at a beautiful catholic church. The ceremony was in Aviston at the legion. In between we had some time to kill so we went to the Hidden Lakes Winery. That place was Gorgeous!  We drank some yummy old fart wine. I was feeling pretty darn good after two glasses of that!


The reception was very nice as was to be expected. Yummy food, michelob ultra, visiting with friends, wedding ideas. Later in the evening they showed a same day video edit. AMAZING!! The videographer basically took footage all day then made a video and it was played at the reception. I wish I could post it on here so everyone could see it. So good!! That makes me want to have someone video for us on our wedding day then make a video for our big reception. We would have 2 weeks though not a few hours! We do have an extremely awesome camouflage video camera!! Now I just have to find someone to run the sucker and make the video. Overall what a great day. It even rained a little which I hear is good luck!


Sunday I slept in while Rhett rose at 4 am and went turkey hunting with one of his friends. I spent the morning cleaning my Dad's car & father-in-law's truck. Happy Birthday to them! Cleaned up the kitchen bc the deer jerky project has taken it over and I needed some order. My kitchen being messy just makes me ill. My wonderful Aunt Kay let me borrow her chocolate fountain for our bday party in the evening. We celebrated Brooke turning the big 13. Ahhhh I have a niece who is a teenager (technically not till the 22nd but still) I stood in the card aisle Thursday night at Wal-Mart literally crying as I picked out her card. I swear I am not making this crap up! That's me sappy Aunt Sara. She is the sweetest little chickie I know!! In 2 years it will be Madison's turn and yet again I know I will be sad that they are growing up so fast. We also were celebrating Justin and Aunt Claudene's birthdays! (ages will not be revealed) lol
It was a typical Simpson family get together. Kids everywhere, yummy food, lots of laughing, and lots of noise. The chocolate fountain was a hit. Everyone enjoyed it very much. Great idea Meghan. It was a wonderful party. Brooke with her gift from me. Her first coach purse!
                                                                               Brookie with Grandma
                                                                 Margaret, Justin, Brooke, Madison, & Mike
                                                                       The family they always wished for!!

I keep trying to upload this video but its not working. Ugghhhhhh I put it on my facebook page though.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=58804038


One more day to my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment