My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap up

I had a pretty uneventful weekend except for rising at the lovely 3 am time so I could head to work dark & early. Working 12 hrs is a long shift especially all alone but it really isn't that bad. Rhett called me mid day on Saturday to tell me that he was headed to Missouri for turkey hunting. I planned to go home and hit the sack about 7ish so I would get plenty of sleep before work on Sunday. I always have these good intentions but they really never happen. I ended up taking my niece & her friend to eat out at Mary's for supper. Then I mowed grass for like an hour while they hung out. Our grass takes like 3-4 hours to mow so if I get a chance to get some done have to take it while I can. Sunday after work I came home and cleaned house. Such an exciting life huh! I did something I def didn't intend to do.......sucked up my exercise theraband in the vacuum hose. Ughh We have central vac and it is pretty stinkin powerful. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late. Hopefully Rhett is going to be able to get it out bc otherwise we will have to buy a new hose. I am just thankful it is stuck in the hose and not the tubing that runs through the walls.

Monday I got to spend the day with this little cutie patootie! (my nephew Cole)

He is beyond the sweetest little man ever. He is checking out my 3 lb weights I had just bought at Wal-Mart. He kept trying to pick up the 6 lb ones but these are a little more his style. Erin had some stuff she needed to get done so I volunteered to watch him for the day. He is seriously an angel!!! Soooo good and sweet. We did all kinds of stuff...went to Wal-Mart, visited with my Mom at lunch, mowed grass, went to my brother's baseball game. I have to say doing all those things with a kid along for the ride was a little more challenging but it wasn't that bad. Now I can't imagine when they start to outnumber you that is probably when it gets even more fun! . He loved playing with the doggies!! Overall we had a great day

I have some new ideas for my unity candle. I found them on pinterest of course. This way I can buy a cheap plain white pillar candle and dress it up. It doesn't have too be too fancy just a little burlap and lace or rhinestones. My wedding sure would be a lot less creative with out that website. Thank goodness! I also found someone to do alterations for my bridesmaid's dresses. Thanks ladies for the suggestions on fb!


diy - burlap and lace unity candle.Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Also I just have to say if you read my blog please become a follower! I only have 10 which is making me feel kinda pathetic!!

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I had pinterest when I was planning my wedding! I did the same thing with my unity candle. I bought a square pillar and tied a shimmery ribbon around it. It was so simple, but beautiful - and cheap! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made our unity candle too. I had large stamps of our letters made then stamped them on cheap (with a coupon) candles! =)
    I like the one on the left. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one on the left is what I based mine on. I am so glad it turned out to be an easy cheap ordeal. They are so ridiculously expensive online

    ReplyDelete