My Baby Girl

My Baby Girl

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Through the Years

First of all I have to totally revoke something I said in my previous post the other day. I know I said fat chance that is ever going to happen but Yes it is.....I have decided to register at either Cabela's or Bass Pro along with Bed Bath & Beyond. This is totally going to make my soon to be hubby happy as a clam so why not! Not sure how we are going to do it bc they don't do typical wedding registrys at either place but we are going to make it work. He may as well get in on some goods too!

As you all know Rhett & I have been together for an eternity (11 yrs 12 days to be exact) And I'm not really even sure if that anniversary day is right bc when you get together at 15 I think you just make up whatever day sounds good lol   I just go with it every year. Tomorrow it will be exactly 6 months till I DO!!!!! You can't even imagine how many people would constantly randomly ask when we were getting married. Why we weren't married.....A lot of people at my work thought we were already. This sometimes became quite annoying and frustrating. Heck I often wondered why we weren't married too. I mean I knew why we weren't bc Rhett had never asked. Simple as That. We often talked about marriage and kids so I knew eventually he would be ready. We built our home together and that was a huge step. I honestly think it had to do with the fact that he didn't want anything to change. Also he hates being the center of attention and standing in front of everyone at the wedding that is exactly what he is going to be.

Ha Ha As I am writing this Rhett says, "Omg 11 years. We should wait 20"   Good luck with that honey bun. You asked I said YES and this shindig is happening!!

Part of the reason I believe we will have a long successful marriage is bc we both have wonderful parents. My Mom & Dad have been married for 31 yrs as of November 7th 2012. Margaret & Justin will be married for 43 yrs on September 6th 2012. (I think I did all that math correctly if not please don't judge me!) They are all such great role models. Here are some fun pictures from their wedding day. They all look sooooo young!! When Margaret & Justin got married someone thought it would be funny to write "help me" on Justin's shoes. So when they knelt at the alter everyone in church could see this message. Too funny! My Mom also told me that when they were lighting the unity candle on their special day her veil caught on fire. I sure wish I could see a picture of that!




Can't wait for day number 18,253!!!!

I absolutely love this song!


2 comments:

  1. i think that's super awesome that you are registering there. good for you!

    and your poor mom it caught on fire! crazy!

    the priest died the day before our wedding, yeah CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! I am glad it was my Mom and not me bc I wouldve flipped out!!!! That's crazy about your priest.

    ReplyDelete